Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ahhhh the Glen

For the first couple snows I love the winter. After that I just get to going about my day freezing, wearing a million layers to adjust to the wide range of temperatures in the buildings. But I forget how truly wonderful being in nature is until it gets to the spring. It's much easier to feel alive and be lively when everything else you is alive. I'm obsessed with the glen; to be honest my Hamilton experience wouldn't be the same without it. It's hard to be in a bad mood when so much nature surrounds me. From venting with friends, to going off trail and getting completely lost, to thinking you're completely lost and then all of a sudden looping back around to your favorite tree, to going there and walking around myself when I can't drag any friends there, there is no better medicine. My friend and I go on a glen walk every Tuesday and Thursday and watch the seasons change. We go in all weathers-- in fact once we had to sprint out because an epic thunder storm started when we were on some random trail. I love turning a corner, and picking up an unexpected scent that reminds me of summer, or of some of nature experience I've had in my past. As much as I would love the ideal temperature of every single day in Northern California (I love that temperature) I really would miss the different seasons, really would miss the spontaneity of mother nature, and waking up to a sunshiny morning of falling asleep to the sound of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment